Saturday 31 January 2009

21. Dani

Walking through the city, looking for a stranger to meet, a pattern of places has emerged where I am likely to find someone to talk to. I try to widen my circles every once in a while, but whenever it is getting late, and the cold makes my eyes water, I tend to fall back to the old trails.

I met Dani on Bahnhofstrasse, where there are usually many nice people - who usually don't have much time. He had just been to the cinema and was on his way home, but decided to take the time to get to know me. We went to the lounge of the local vegetarian restaurant, and ordered coffee and fruit juice at the bar. I was fascinated by Dani's background and his development from commercial pilot to art therapist - and by his current project, kaCHIna.

Conditions in the lounge were difficult, with colored lights throwing odd shadows. I took 10 pictures, and had a hard time deciding which one to use. I finally settled for a cropped version of a technically unsatisfactory shot, that nonetheless shows Dani how I saw him - thoughtful, open-minded and fun to be around.

Dani: thanks for your curiosity and your insights, and may kaCHIna have the success that this brilliant idea deserves!

No comments:

Post a Comment