Sunday 25 January 2009

15. L.

Happy Chinese New Year, everyone! We've just returned from a new-year's eve dinner party, and since most of my blood is needed in my stomach right now to help digest all that delicious good fortune I've ingested, there is a definite lack of it in my brain - which is why today's entry is a bit shorter than usual.

I met L. by the lake, where she was taking a stroll with her baby daughter. I took most of the photographs right where we met; afterwards we walked together for a quarter of an hour, and talked. It is remarkable how different the rhythm of a conversation becomes when it takes place during a promenade; there is more space for pauses that might be considered awkward in a stationary situation, there is less eye contact, but - possibly - more trust.

I was impressed by L.'s strength and self-confidence, and by the apparent ease with which she combines the life of a successful business-woman with that of a caring mother (and in case this sounds sexist to you, dear reader: I believe that feat to be just as difficult to achieve for a man).
Of the twelve photos taken, I've selected the one that shows L. from her most direct side, approachable and friendly.

L.: Thank you for your time; I wish you and your family all the good fortune in the world!


On a clear day you can see the alps in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment