Friday 30 January 2009

20. Franske

Here's my latest recipe for having a good time:
1. Meet a Belgian
2. Go to a pub that serves trappist brew
3. Talk shop

I had already been walking through the city for quite a while, and was about to make a couple of passes through the old town, where so far I had had the most luck finding someone to talk to at this time of night. Franske was on the way back to his hotel when I approached him, and - after I had repeated my introduction in English - was instantly ready to go for a drink with me. With our jobs in IT as a common background, there was an immediate rapport; we had a long, interesting and highly pleasant conversation - so much so, that when the café we were in closed for the day, we decided to continue our chat in a place that serves Belgian beer.

I took six portrait shots, and have selected the very first one - showing Franske's curiosity and directness.

Franske: thanks for the chat, and all the best - we'll meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment