Wednesday 4 February 2009

25. Self-portrait

Meeting a stranger is much harder in Paris than it is in Zurich - particularly since I have no idea in which arrondissement I might be most likely to succeed. Today I tried my luck in the Quartier Latin, but there were just too many people. In a crowd, it's nearly impossible to find someone who even looks like they might have some spare time, let alone pluck up the courage to stop them, explain my project in a language I have not mastered nearly as well as I wish, and deal with a response of which I merely understand the operative rejection. Another self-portrait then, and a new rule: after two consecutive self-portraits I may take a couple of days off - after all, Meet a Stranger a Day is supposed to be fun first and foremost.

2 comments:

  1. You´re proyect, your pictures and your blog they're becoming really nice & interesting...Don´t loose the rythm! Best, jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime,

    thanks for your encouragement - I'm back on track now!

    best,
    h.

    ReplyDelete